Products from HiPP
In 1956 Georg Hipp developed a new industrial manufacturing process for baby food in jars. Gradually expanding his product range, he launched HiPP jars in 1959 as a practical, hygienic form of packaging.
An encounter with the Swiss pioneer of organic-biological agriculture, Dr. Hans Müller, inspired him to adopt ecological production methods for fruit and vegetables. The first raw materials for HiPP products were grown on ecologically farmed fields from 1956 onwards. As a first step the family farm, Ehrensberger Hof near Pfaffenhofen, was wholly converted to organic farming.